Luxembourg Art Week moves toward digital for its 2020 edition!
We regret to announce that the physical edition of Luxembourg Art Week / The Fair 2020 has been postponed to 2021 (dates to be confirmed). From 9 to 22 November 2020, join our online platform and enjoy the digital edition of the fair.
The rapid and worrying development of Covid-19 new infections, as well as the sanitary restrictions recently imposed by the Luxembourg government, unfortunately, force us to cancel the physical edition of Luxembourg Art Week in 2020.
Our team has since spring worked on the digital optimisation of the fair to be able to bounce back for cancellation:
- Great news: the 3D virtual tour of the fair (AW3D)
A team of professionals has recreated a simulation of the two exhibition spaces of the Halle Victor Hugo and a faithful distribution of the booths. Realistic hangings allow the public to interactively meet the works, consult the information about the artists and their creations, as well as contact galleries.
- a redesigned website
- and an online catalogue bringing together all the works that should have been exhibited during this year's edition
We are also carrying on with a large number of events from our cultural programme and partnerships with institutions:
- the LEAP – Luxembourg Encouragement for Artists Prize will open at the Rotondes on 15 November 2020.
- the annual Salon of Luxembourg’s artist union Cercle Artistique de Luxembourg is being held from 1 to 22 November 2020
- and we are setting up this week a monumental sculpture by Jaume Plensa at the Rond-point Robert Schuman in collaboration with Galerie Lelong & Co. and in partnership with the City of Luxembourg.
Guided tours, upon registration, will also be proposed by partner institutions such as MNHA, CNA, Casino Luxembourg - Forum d'art contemporain, and Cercle Cité - Ratskeller as part of Luxembourg Art Week.
The conferences initially planned at Halle Victor Hugo will be recorded and broadcast on our website. Last but not least, this year, the Creative Club is also going to be fully digitalised on our virtual platform.
CEO, Luxembourg Art Week